If you are a fan of Lynette Noni’s The Medoran Chronicles, you are going to be very excited to hear the iCentre is hosting the launch of Graevale, the fourth book in the series, on Thursday, 25th January, 2018.
Will this answer all your questions? Will the world end? Can Alex save the world?
Here’s a peek at what you can expect:
“Light or dark, only one can win. This world cannot survive in shades of grey.”
Now that Aven Dalmarta sits upon the throne of Meya, Alex must race against the clock to save the rest of Medora from the Rebel Prince’s wrath.
Haunted by an unspeakable vision of the future, Alex and her friends set out to warn the mortal races. But making allies out of ancient enemies proves difficult.
With her nights spent deep in the Library under the guidance of a mysterious new mentor, Alex is desperate to strengthen her gift and keep all those she loves safe. Because in a world where nothing is certain, she is sure of only one thing:
Aven is coming.
We asked some of Mt Alvernia’s biggest fans of the series these three questions:
1. What did you love most about Draekora?
2. What do you want answered in Graevale?
3. What are you most looking forward to?
Molly O’Brien, year 8
1- I loved the suspense and actually I really loved the wait and hype at the book launch. I also loved the new characters / world.
2- I want what happened to the characters tied up and I hope I can get to know what happened to Draekora and everyone else (NO DEATH THOUGH).
3- I’m really looking forward to seeing how Lynette takes the story somewhere different and yet still keeps it inside the whole Akarnae universe. I also can’t wait to see how the plot turns out.
Fiona Hollamby, year 10
1. Draekora was probably my most favourite book so far and that is because I finally got to learn more about the history of Meya. It was so surprising too see that Aven was actually nice and wasn’t always hell bent on destroying everything. I loved to see the journey Alex went through from first hating Aven because she only thought of him as an evil killer to becoming friends with what he once was.
2. If Alex will somehow reveal that she was the mysterious Meyarin who visited the royal family and if Aven finds out it was her and then stops being evil and returns to what he once was, so like, normal. I also need to know if Roka will be alright!!!!! I can’t bear it (see what I did there haha) if he dies!!
3. I’m most looking forward to seeing Xira or at least an offspring of Xira!!!!!!! I miss Xira so much!! Just all of the Draekons really I’m also really looking forward to the continued determination and courage Alex possesses and can’t wait to see her be brave and fearless again in the upcoming war. I also need to see more of Lady Mystique!! I love her!
Beth Falzon, year 10
1. I loved that element of surprise, because after reading Akarnae and Raelia, you think the story will just go on (well, it does) but you’re transported back in time with this sweet little Draekon, Xira, and you learn so much about Roka and Aven’s life, and exactly how things end up how they are in Akarnae. I think Lynette has done an amazing job at this because you unwillingly fall in love with characters that you think are evil, and you’re just torn!
2. I want a lot of things to be answered, to be perfectly honest… I’d like to see what happens with Niyx’s story, being the inside man, and I really want to see Xira again!!!
3. I’m just looking forward to where Lynette takes Alex’s journey, and what will happen in the end… I’m very excited for it!!