Tutorials, guides, online referencing generators, and more
One of the most important skills that you will learn during your studies at Mount Alvernia College is how to correctly reference and cite information.
Accurately referencing materials that you include in your schoolwork and assignments is important for several reasons including:
- giving credit to the original author and, crucially, providing evidence that you have done your best to avoid plagiarism.
- demonstrating how well you have researched your topic and providing support to back-up your ideas.
- allowing your teachers to locate the sources that you have cited.
The iCentre is your one-stop-shop for referencing assistance. At Mount Alvernia College, we use the APA7 system of referencing.
The many tutorials, guides, and tools we have to assist you with referencing are listed below but if you would rather help in person, please don’t hesitate to come in and ask one of the team here in the iCentre.
APA7 Referencing Quick Guide
This referencing tool is a wonderful way to create reference lists. It will also advise you of the correct format of an in-text reference for each source. Two tips to keep in mind when using MyBib are to:
- Ensure you have selected the APA7 style.
- Enter your references manually to give you greater control and ensure that you are checking the content of your references are correct.
APA 7 Guide to referencing for secondary school students
The iCentre creates tutorials to assist you with all aspects of your research. These can be found under the Quicklinks menu on the iCentre website. The referencing tutorials will step you through the how and why of creating reference lists and in-text citations.
Ask a Librarian